“心有猛虎,细嗅蔷薇”是一句诗句,出自英国诗人西格里夫·萨松的作品《于我,过去,现在以及未来 》,原句是“In me the tiger sniffs the rose.”,是我国的著名作家余光中先生将它翻译为“心有猛虎,细嗅蔷薇”。
全诗原文如下:
In me, past, present, future meet.于我,过去、现在和未来
To hold long chiding conference. 商讨聚会 各执一词 纷扰不息。
My lusts usurp the present tense.林林总总的欲望,掠取着我的现在
And strangle Reason in his seat. 把“理性”扼杀于它的宝座
My loves leap through the future's fence 我的爱越过未来的藩篱
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet.梦想解放出它们的双脚,舞蹈不停。
In me the cave-man clasps the seer, 于我,穴居人攫取了先知
And garlanded Apollo goes 佩戴花环的阿波罗神
Chanting to Abraham's deaf ear. 向亚伯拉罕的聋耳唱叹歌吟。
In me the tiger sniffs the rose. 心有猛虎,细嗅蔷薇。
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble, 审视我的内心吧,亲爱的朋友,你应颤栗,
Since there your elements assemble. 因为那才是你本来的面目。